Monday, August 20, 2012

Eating out specific to the Fort Worth / Dallas area

Here are some places that I discovered in the Fort Worth / Dallas area that are local: 

I Heart Muffins Bakery 

  • They make cupcakes and muffins and tell you what they made almost every day on their facebook page (it's how I knew if I wanted to go when I got off work). Unfortunately, they sell the good ones throughout the day, so if you go after work, you'll have slim pickings. They also have half priced ones from the day before, which really helps the wallet out when you are eating gluten free. The cupcakes are very good, better than I can make (but don't eat their vegan ones, eww). The muffins are good, but with the cupcakes next to them and that delicious icing they have....go for the cupcakes. They also sell other items sometimes, but I never got them because they were pretty expensive.


Hot Chocolates Bakery

  • Nice little bakery that makes gluten free goodies and wedding cakes. But if you want anything from here, order it. They are ok. But "I Heart Muffins" is sooo much better. I think you would go here if you needed a nice looking larger cake. They had decent truffles and cupcakes.


Charity's Gluten Free (Located inside of "Cookie Machine" - so random and hard to find. )

  • Lots of dinky little sandwiches not worth paying for, but they make their own gluten free bread which is amazing. Their fries were decent but small servings. and also, THEIR VANILLA BEAN CUPCAKES WERE THE BEST CUPCAKES/CAKE I'VE EVER EATEN. Their icing is lacking, but ohhhhhmyyyyygoshhhh their vanilla cupcake was heaven, so soft, and cake like. They make plenty of cake / cupcake / other stuff if you call and order. But for heavens sake don't email them. They aren't very technologically advanced.


The Salad Bowl

  • Absolutely amazing salads and baked potatoes. Kind of expensive, but you get a lot of food. My favorite salad was: mixed greens and spinach : 2 cauliflower, carrots, bacon, cheese, boiled egg, broccoli, and then a side of strawberries. For the potato: chives, bacon, and cheese.


Company Cafe

  • Their entire breakfast / lunch menu is gluten free and allergen friendly, and they make tons of cakes and desserts that are all gluten free. It's an upscale more expensive place, but excellent food. Their Loaded Sweet Potato Fries (topped with cheddar, bacon, and green onion) are AMAZING. Soo good. I also had the Company Migas and one of the Omelets, but honestly, I wanted almost everything on that menu. As for the cakes: The mystery cake and the cookie cake were the best - but make sure the cookie cake is fresh lol. The peanut butter was meh and the italian creme was alright but I hate coconut.






No comments:

Post a Comment