Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Last First Week of School

Technically, I'll be here (at Texas A&M) for three more semesters, but this is my last YEAR here so that explains the title.

So what have I been eating, you ask? How have I been feeling? I shall tell you everything, as I know you would like to know!!

Eating:

I have been eating a lot of the same things, honestly, trying to keep from getting too sick to go to school. Trying to eat good things and still play it safe.

So, here is what I have been eating this week:

Cinnamon Apple Chex Cereal:

With my favorite Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk brand:


Fruit Roll-ups

Fruity Pebbles Treats -
 Recently became gluten free I think. I had never eaten them before but got a coupon in my gladware ($2 off Fruity Pebbles at $2.04. Seriously? Who wouldn't buy rainbow colored gluten free snacks for 4 cents????) Overall, I don't think I expected them to be so...fruity. Or to have the consistency that they did. They are quite soft. I was thinking rice crispy though. It's not a rice crispy. It's not bad though. I'm not sure I'd buy them again, at least not unless I needed a snack filler.


Dove Dark Chocolate Almond things - 
These are strong because they are dark chocolate, but I think that's perfect because then I can't overeat them. 

Reese's Cups - 
Weakness. I only ate these this week because it is one of the few items in the vending machines on campus that I can eat without getting sick and I was sulking about life. I had almost blacked out while riding my bus, from the heat (hello, Texas) and lack of water. So afterwards I sat in a corner, drank lots of water, and ate a family size one of these from the vending machine.



 Kar's Trail Mix -
This is also a vending machine habit. But they are the perfect little semi healthy treat and trail mix is amazing. I need to buy a pack somewhere, but I don't know where they sell them. I'll  have to check online I guess.

Yes, I'm still eating Doritos. 



 What the snack foods, what has she been eating for dinner???
See above for the chex, and also I have been eating these Asian monstrosities (hehe)


Thai Kitchen Lemongrass and Chili Instant Rice Noodle Soup -
These are cheap, edible, and very reliable. You can't go wrong with a meal that cooks in 3 minutes and costs 68 cents. It's not the best, I've been trying to hunt down the other flavor that was at my walmart once and never again, but until then, this will do. It's good, but not great.


Simply Asia Singapore Street Noodles Garlic Basil - 
In all honesty, I don't remember eating this. I just know I did. Guess I'll have to try it again.

A Taste of Thai Peanut Noodles -
Ok, this meal was weird. You mix up noodles, a coconut milk mix, a peanut sauce mix, and peanuts. It's ready in about 3 minutes, so that's amazing. I am not a big fan of peanuts, so the smell was a big turn off, and I decided to not add the extra peanuts. The peanut sauce has peanut chunks in it anyway. So I heat it up, and it smells all weird and peanut-ty and then I start eating it and I'm like "woah! This is sweet!" and then I'm like "woah! this is spicy!!"
It was like the rice and sugar my mom used to make me for breakfast, and then like chili powder. At first I was like ew, and then I was like yum! Overall, I'd say it was delicious, but in a very non-conventional way. I would definitely buy it again, and probably in larger numbers. But word to the wise: This is a calorie monster!!! It's also definitely enough food for two meals, so split it up into two meals before you start eating to avoid temptation. I ate the whole thing because by the time I realized I was stuffed, it was "too little an amount to save in the fridge" <- evil, evil concept. 

Surprisingly, the soy in these products didn't make me sick. Not to my knowledge anyway. I've been kind of sick all week, but not bad, and it's always when I wake up, so I can't pinpoint it to anything. Perhaps just relapse?

As for the rest of life. I order my $860 LRA by ELISA ACT test through my nutrionalist. I got the "kit" in the mail and was going to take the test Monday, but thanks to STUPID LABOR DAY THAT MY SCHOOL DOESN'T EVEN BELIEVE IN, I can't get it done. I'll  have to wait until the next Monday.


Does anyone else know how weird it is to get lots of little vials in the mail that you know will soon be filled with your blood? Um, freaky much.

College: It's my senior year. That kind of stresses me out a lot. DON'T MESS UP, BRITTANY. NO ROOM FOR ERROR. And I am extremely error prone. Just today, I tripped down some stairs, couldn't get up our fake mountain in skiing so decided to just fall over, couldn't even get my ski shoes into the skis without the prof pointing me out to the class as an example of failure, and then in my Microcomputer Systems lab, our prof needed us to help organize stuff and told us to grab one thing and distribute it, so I grab some things while he is talking and he sees me and motions me in front of the class, 

prof: see, like her, you will distribute these, right? 
me: yes!
prof: do you know what they are? 
me: no!
Prof: at least you are honest. *pats me on the shoulder while class bursts into laughter*

Yeah, that's me, just give me a sad pat on the arm and move on. Oh, and did I forget to mention I almost blacked out on the bus? After skiing, I have to wait like 20 minutes for my bus to main campus, and the bus routes are all messed up and crowded, and it's like 100 degrees of death, and I'd already been skiing on a fake mountain in 100 degree heat for over an hour, so by the time I got on the bus, my hearing went out and my vision started wavering. And I was nauseous. 

Overall, I think my week has been a great start to the semester. 

Tonight my friend wanted me to go swing dancing with him, but thanks to the thousands of things I already have to do, I had to decline. I might even go back to campus tonight. Geez, so much to do.


Must run now. (but not really, cuz i'd probably black out)

Cheers, 
Brittany

BLACK OUT


No comments:

Post a Comment