Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Trying new bought foods

So, I did buy some food and cooked a few times. I found that I have grown a love for eggs that I have never had and didn't think I'd ever have. Now that I say that, I remember the nutritionalist saying it was weird that I didn't like eggs and that meant something, but I can't remember. So maybe craving eggs means I have gotten healthier? I've never wanted them before! Let's pray that is why. 

Anyway, I like eggs fried the most with canadian bacon, but when I don't fry it, I scramble it up with chopped red/orange/yellow bell pepper and squash. Cheese would probably be delicious but I try to stay dairy free for the most part. 

So products: 

Cherrybrook Kitchen  http://www.cherrybrookkitchen.com/

I have had their pancake mix (which makes AMAZING PANCAKES, seriously so good and fluffy). but I think the soy in them made me sick. I also made one of their cake mixes, and it's probably the best gluten free cake mix I've had. Granted, I made it with Ghee, because I had no idea what that was, and that was a mistake....



The ghee itself is a good idea, but I probably should read about its uses first before chunking it in a cake and frosting recipe (I also used the cherrybrook frosting box mix. It was a little too sweet). Lesson: Cherrybrook good; Ghee good in something else. 


Glutino Brand

AMAZING COOKIES (I eat tons of them). Good pizza.  Horrible crackers. The end.
nasty

really good

necessity to life

I also ate:

peach and pear fruit cups
Doritos Nacho Cheese Chips (recently doritos went gluten free!! Yeah!)
Lays Baked Original Chips




and I ate a ton of bananas and fruit cups.

But what was most amazing, were all of the gluten free freezer foods I found at Whole Foods. So expensive, but here are a few I ate regularly: 

Evol Bowls
They have 4 gluten free products, but these two are the only good ones: 


Amy's Burritos
These are alright. In all honesty, they are small and don't take up a lot of space, but very filling to eat and fast, so they are basically my emergency food. 

Annie's Mac and Cheese
Ok, Annie's has the best gluten free noodles I have tasted. Forget Tinkyada, Tinkyada is disgusting and gummy and then just weird and gross. Annie's is so good and so is the mac and cheese:



That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment