Friday, August 31, 2012

Genghis Grill

So, today I ate at Genghis Grill. I figured I would celebrate surviving one week of school. Now in the past, even before my diet, Genghis Grill could make my stomach very sick, so I was cautious, but I read some about lots of gluten free people eating there and liking it so I decided to try it out. 

They have 3 gluten free sauces: 

Sweet and Sour
Roasted Tomato 
Dragon Sauce

I tasted them all. Sweet and Sour was typical, but i've never been much of a fan. 
Roasted tomato was like a spicy pizza sauce. Asian = no pizza, so that's gross.
The dragon sauce was different, a little mild and a little spicy, but pretty good considering I didn't have many choices. I picked that one. 

It's pretty easy to get good ingredients, since all the vegetables are by themselves. I didn't research the meats, I just got plain chicken. 

At the counter, I told them I had allergies and they whipped out a different colored card for me, and I asked them to clean the grill and the guy was very nice about it and he told me I could have brown rice so I got double brown rice. 

Word to the wise, if you get double starches, get double sauce!!! My meal was delicious, but much much too dry. 

It's been about an hour or so since I've eaten and I haven't gotten sick. I think I'll definitely be going back...for the record, i got: 

chicken
salt
water chesnuts
lots of potatoes
green beans
a couple slices of squash (meh)
a couple carrot slices
8 eggs
1 cup dragon sauce (should be 2 next time)
double brown rice

I think they charge a little extra for double starches, but i don't think they did that time. Who knows, but it's worth it to get the extra. My meal was $10.81 and I went through a "I can't believe how much food costs me" breakdown. and then I left the lowest tip of my life. I normally tip pretty high, but I was sitting at the bar, and it's not like you even have a waiter or anything, and it was expensive, and I normally don't leave a tip if I just pick up food, so I was like, well...i'm basically picking up food. just sitting here for a few minutes, not bothering anyone. Sooooo....I'll be OCD and round the number. I left a 19 cent tip lol. For the record, it feels worse than not leaving a tip lol. but I've over-tipped plenty in my lifetime, so maybe it all evens out.

Hopefully, right?

OR MAYBE I'M JUST A TERRIBLE PERSON. 

ok, seriously. not that big of a deal.

But overall, I was very pleased with the new Genghis Grill experience, since they have changed it up a bit. They have different sized bowls now, Small, Regular, and Large, (They had them lined up on the counter and I swear I teleported to the Three Little Bears book I used to read as a child.) and their to go boxes have greatly improved. They used to have these boxes that leaked and they would basically give you the same amount of food no matter if you got double starches or one starch, but this time they had new to-go boxes and I got two because of the double starches. 

I ended up eating 1/2 of one box, so I still have 1.5 boxes to go! Yum Yum!

Cheerio, 
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment