Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Change of Pace and Current Obsessions

In case you haven't noticed, I've been treating this blog as more of a half personal / half illness blog. Honestly, it was getting a little depressing for me, and I made this as an outlet to help me feel better. So this is what makes me feel better right now. 
So now there are going to be more pictures, more stories, more happiness! That's the goal for life anyway.

Because honestly, food is poison. I'm not safe anymore! 
fruits and veggies = must be organic. 
water / bathing = react to chemicals used in water
sugars = death
most commonly used preservatives in all foods = death
all foods that normally sooth stomachs: bananas / breads / crackers = death
milk / cheese / butter / happiness = death
ETC ETC ETC


I GIVE UP! 

I just want to be like, "Forget eating! I'll drink water and call it quits!" and then I'm like, 
"BUT WATER IS POISON!"

Back to where I was. 
So the rest of this post will be about current things I think are beautiful or fun or I like. 

FASHION:
Let's start with this amazing dress: 

Gorgeous!!!! Only WAY too expensive ($118, who are they kidding?! I could get 10 dresses for that!) and I also don't think it would fit right. Dresses that have that middle seam always look HORRIBLE on me. It needs to be higher or lower. This dress is from some website named Nastygal or something, but they have really unique and cool stuff, and tons of high waisted shorts, which I LOVE and never can find. 

MUSIC:
Here are two new songs I have been listening to that I like. They will become unbearable within a week, I'm sure, but for now: 

Hello by Karmin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xbhnocbA9Q

Vegas Girl by Conor Maynard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RasIHkNw9mQ

and I've been on a slow oldies (childhood) binge today: 

Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZoD8JEFjAE

Miracle by Vertical Horizon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxQXtJvIEEA

The Reason by Hoobastank
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV4DiAyExN0

FOOD: 
I really want to make these sugar free marshmallows. I've been craving gluten sugar happiness free rice crispies. 
http://zscupoftea.com/2010/07/11/best-homemade-marshmallows-sugar-and-corn-syrup-free-gfcf/


Ingredients:
1 1/2 tbsp. gelatin
1/2 cup ice cold water
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Method:
Chill a large mixing bowl and a balloon whisk (the bigger, the better, and hey, a ball whisk works, too) in the freezer for a few minutes. (You may also do it in the fridge, but doing it in the freezer is faster.)
Soften gelatin over half of the cold water (1/4 cup) in the chilled mixing bowl. Meanwhile, cook the water, agave nectar, and salt over medium heat, covered, for 3 minutes. Increase heat slightly to bring it to a gentle boil and cook until it reaches soft ball stage or registers 235 to 240ºF on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat.
Pour the syrup slowly into the softened gelatin, whisking gently. When all the syrup is poured in, increase your speed and mix vigorously. It will start frothing and gradually continue to thicken and increase in volume. Keep on mixing until it’s very thick (see photos for reference), at a spreadable consistency similar to smooth, soft peak-stage meringue but thicker and bouncy. Add the vanilla extract and whip for about 1 minute longer.
Scrape the marshmallow into a pan using a rubber spatula (preferably flexible). Spread evenly. It starts setting almost immediately after whipping, so get it into the pan as quickly as possible or it will set in the mixing bowl and be difficult to spread evenly. Cover pan with plastic wrap and wait until fully set (if it’s a hot day, storing it in the fridge may help). Use a clean knife, preferably serrated, (no dusting required) to cut the marshmallow into squares. 
---------------------------------------------------------------
ADORABLE ANIMALS: 


THINGS THAT MAKE ME BELIEVE IN ROMANCE AND FANTASY AGAIN:


HOT AIR BALLOONS, DUH:


 QUOTES: 



and that is is for now. 

Fare thee well, 
Cheerio.





No comments:

Post a Comment