Sunday, September 23, 2012

Nice Sister and Lots of Food To Try

Hellllloooooo

So, the other week, my boyfriend took me home after school and we discovered my trash can was placed in front of my front door. 
me: ummmmm. I didn't put that there....
So I moved the trash can and found like 40 thousand boxes from amazon. I had ordered some stuff recently, but was like....these boxes are kind of big. I bought small stuff. 
So we brought everything inside after moving the trash can, and it apppppeared that my sister had gone on a shopping spree and bought me food to try! :O





She got me lots of dried fruits to try, Split pea soup shown above, Cinnamon Flax Oatmeal, Annie's Gluten Free Mac and Cheese, and Navita's Superfood bites. 

Ok, so I've had the mac and cheese before and it's really great. I use Unsweetened original almond milk in it. The vanilla flavor makes them taste weird. Also, if you reheat this stuff, pour more of the almond milk over it, because it blackens without the extra liquid! It's weird. 

I tried the split pea soup, which I have never had before. I was slightly freaked out since it's more like mashed pea soup (there are no noticeable peas in it, split or no).
You do learn some things about people though, 
my boyfriend: How could you question peas? They are delicious.
It is rather green though: 
So my opinion: It has a horrible smell lol, and the first 1-3 bites are kind of gross because it's got a really strong flavor, but then you are like yum and you finish it all. Only bad thing is, it made me horribly sick both times I ate it. 
How does that make sense?
Ingredients:
Pre-cooked Split Peas, Barley, Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Carrots, Potatoes, Celery, Garlic, Parsley), Yeast Extract, Natural Flavor (Non-animal Source), Potato Starch, Lemon, Citric Acid, Black Pepper, Sea Salt.

Maybe the black pepper? It says gluten free and vegan on the container. Who knows anymore, right? 

Also the superfood....wow lol. They were pretty terrifying lol. I don't think I'm a superfood kind of girl. 

I have yet to try the oatmeal, but dried fruit always works as a good snack. But I don't like when dried fruit is chewy, i like crunchy.

There are my reviews.....THANK YOU CINDY, I LOVE YOU. :)

PEACEEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment