Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bad Camera Lens, New Lens

Alright, remember that Tamron 28-75 2.8 lens I was so excited to get? 
I used it for maybe an hour, and it was like.....no. 

IT BROKE. Granted, I probably got a bad egg, but I was furious.

WHAT KIND OF LENS IS THIS?
THIS ABOMINATION OF THE CAMERA INDUSTRY, FRUSTRATING CAMERA LOVERS EVERYWHERE AND GETTING IN THE WAY OF PEOPLE TRYING TO AVOID RETURNING ONLINE PACKAGES (it's seriously one of my least favorite things to do, i avoid it at all costs).
Seriously, I wanted to go all Thor on this camera lens. 

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS CAMERA LENS OF MINE? 
DO YOU REQUIRE RETURNING?
WHY DOTH YOU TORMENT ME SO, PRECIOUS ONE?

So I sent angry message to Amazon, returned it, and bought this from Ebay: 
Sigma 17-70  f/2.8-4.5
I used it once and it seems to be really quick, but doesn't always hold its focus. I'm not sure if that was my fault or the lens fault because I was photographing a 2 year old and i have naturally horrible grip/shaky hands. I need another test, but the return time is only like 14 days, sooooo I don't know if I'll have adequate time to test fully or not. I think it's ok though. I did get some really nice shots, just a lot of blurry ones to be slightly disconcerting.

I decided to split up my blog posts, so fare thee well for now.

BLACK OUT




No comments:

Post a Comment