Monday, September 10, 2012

Rabies Vaccine (what??) & LRA by ELISA ACT Testing

You know how in my last post I mentioned my boyfriend was on the way to the ER to get the rabies vaccine because a bat flew at him at a football game?
Well, he went to the ER, and they were like "meh, we don't think you are at risk" which is complete nonsense, so he drove down to a real ER in Houston (not the rinky dink public hospital here in town) and they gave him the vaccine.
But the thing was....It was a shot in each arm, and 70+ shots over the scratch on his back where the bat scratched him.
70+.
He sent me a picture, which I debated putting on here. I won't, because it's slightly gruesome, and not exactly a great memory...I felt so so bad for him. He did it without pain meds so that he could drive afterwards. I started bawling at the picture. I NEEDED TO BE THERE WITH HIM. Granted, it's not like I could do anything, but still.

So that was Saturday night.
Sunday I spent being all gross since I couldn't shower and stuff before my LRA by ELISA ACT test.

Today, Monday, (I know it might say Tuesday but that is because it's after midnight), I went to get the test, leaving my house around 7:20am.

Thus started my mostly sucky day, when I got a ticket for going 40mph in a 40mph but it was actually a school zone and 25mph. I seriously thought the cop pulled the wrong person over because I didn't realize I'd done anything wrong. I couldn't see the light flashing, especially since I was driving into the sunrise. QOWIUHEFIQEWAHFINAED;FKNA;KIDHFIUAHBGIUEANGVJKEANGUAEIRGHIOWHEFKJABDHBVFAIGHVIOAEDFJB
I was so careful to follow all traffic rules obsessively, especially after I got my first ticket ever in my life three weeks ago and I JUST finished my defensive driving for it. Together it cost about $140.
This ticket, because of the ;OISHDGOHAEFKNAKDNFKADFHB school zone, will cost $310.

For a grand total of $450.
Woo! She can still add numbers!

I was bawling while he gave me the ticket. and he even asked where i was going,
Me: to the hospital to get bloodwork done...
cop: ok, i'll try and get you the ticket fast so you can go

Gee, thanks. I'll sign the thing through my tears. And then go get blood drawn at the hospital.

So I got the ticket, bawled, drove to the hospital, composed myself, grabbed my blood kit, and walked inside.

The nurse lady at the lab I went to, LabCorp, was really nice. I told her about my fear of needles and she was very understanding.
She went through the instructions and the blood kit that I brought in, and when she saw the needle they provided she was like, "Oh my!"

me: if it's bigger than normal don't tell me
nurse: oh no, it's just that this is really....high quality, we just buy the cheap ones here
me: oh ok, so it's just a nice one
nurse: oh yes, this will be very smooth
me: great!

After she took my blood,
nurse: Yeah, that needle was a lot bigger than the ones we use, haha

: /

She was really good though, she barely bruised me. It did hurt a bit more than normal though, but she was quick. I squealed like a little girl when she first put the needle in though, lol. I laughed at myself a little.
But she filled those 5 vials up like they were nothing! I looked at them after she was done with my arm. It's weird looking at lots of vials of your blood. It was more liquidy than I imagined.

I sat with her a bit and drank a bottle of water since my neck had gotten all hot/cold like I was going to faint. She was a nice funny lady and told me stories about how she was afraid of needles and how she had her three children in weird situations, one was born in Spain and since they don't have ambulances after midnight, the hotel sent them a veterinarian. What kind of barbaric place is that??

I went back home, showered, and napped before my class.

So now I have to wait 10-14 days for my results. I'M SO EXCITED, lol. All of my mysteries will be SOLVED! Hopefully....that's the goal. the $860 worth goal.

that's all for now,

cheers,

Brittany




No comments:

Post a Comment