Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend - Blackberry Cobbler and Ice Cream

Like most college students, I went home to visit family this weekend, and was relieved from my struggle to find real meals thanks to my mom cooking dinner for everyone :) She gave me the recipes, which I will post in my recipe section later. 


I also was having huge cravings for blackberry cobbler and ice cream....don't ask why....BUT I WANTED IT. So my sister and I went to walmart and got the ingredients for recipes we found online and altered. I will also post them in the recipe section later. 


The ice cream and cobbler came out beautifully, and the ice cream tasted really milky, despite it not being made from real milk! 






It was absolutely delicious....but warning: 
I made the ice cream primarily with coconut milk and it KILLED my stomach. I don't know why...I've never had coconut products before this diet really, besides the random piece of cake with coconut or something on it per year....so maybe having like pure canned coconut is too much if you don't have a tolerance to it, or maybe it's just my terrible stomach. I don't know, and I don't have a control subject so....I'd try the ice cream (because it was amazing) but just don't each a bunch. I had the above plate twice and that was enough to send me over the edge...so beware. but eat it. because its amazing.

Till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment