Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kitchen Shananananananagins - Mac&Chreese and cookie dough

Annnnd here we are, it's Thursday night, official college party night. Did you know that? I didn't before coming to college, and I thought it was dumb when I found out - who would go out on a Thursday when you had classes on Friday? :O


;) I have since been out plenty on Thursday nights, but tonight, tonight I'm just going to relax. Thanks to my mom sending me leftovers from last weekend, I haven't really had to stress out about eating meals this week. Besides having a test today, this week hasn't been terrible. 


So, updates: I didn't really take my medical food shake over last weekend because it was Easter and I was home and distracted. Since then, I've broken the habit of a shake twice a day, I've been having one once a day, sometimes twice the amount to make up for missing one, sometimes just a one normal shake a day. And you know what? I think I actually feel a little better without a shake that often lol. 


Tonight I ate Road's End Organic Mac and Chreese Alfredo Style and green beans. 
That's right. Chreese. That company really needs a high five for that one. 
Good news though - the noodles tasted like real noodles!! It says to cook for about 6-10 minutes but not to overcook or they will get mushy. I cooked mine for about 8.5 minutes and was a little concerned that I should have let them cook a tad bit longer, but after a day in the fridge, they are quite mushy (a good way though, i still happily ate them). So, heads up, none of this food follows normal food logic. 


I snagged this pic from google since I forgot to take one before I Michael Jordan'ed this box into the trash.
For Dessert, I decided to make that cookie dough that I've made before. ( http://realsustenance.com/30-second-raw-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-glutendairygrainstarchegg-soy-free-low-sugar/ ). 


Ok, so I had run out of almond flour, but I realllllly wanted something in dessert form. That's my weakness...I really need dessert. My sister bought me "Mama's Almond Blend" so I was like, "hey, flour is flour right? And this has almond in the title! I'll use this and it will work."
Wrong.
So, so wrong. 


I mixed it up with the almond blend, only to discover that it was mainly just flour and not so much dough. I rechecked the recipe 30 times and then was like..."it must just need more liquid! I'll make the liquid parts of the ingredients proportional to this flour!!" 
I thought I could Betty Crocker that &*!%.
Wrong.


I ended up with some form of dough that resembled yeast or raw bread dough. I tasted it and immediately had to wash down the taste with juice. There was no salvaging it. I threw it away and, still determined to make my cookie dough, I grabbed the almonds my sister bought me and stuck them  in my blender,
"I'LL MAKE MY OWN ALMOND FLOUR!!!" *CRAZY EYES*




It worked :) Granted, it was kind of crunchy flour. I have no idea what those flour places used to make it so finely ground. Be careful you don't overblend it or you will make almond butter! 

I was able to make the cookie dough normally after all :) I win!


Like seriously, this batch is 1000 calories? It's so small! Why must we pay to eat healthy...
Make sure you pair these cookies with almond milk. It's tasty.

PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment